Europa Day 11


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Mont Saint-Michel
May 23rd 2012
Published: May 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 11

Early start for the train to Paris, along with all the workers who commute (just like the Geelong train I reckon). We got good seats and the train only stopped at 1 other station so we reckoned we were good - haha - not to be - the carriage was full after the 1st stop.

Ticket inspectors got another one so we have been good by buying and stamping our tickets appropriately....

Into Paris and then onto Charles de Gaulle airpor to pick up our new car. Off without a hitch and we are now proud owners (albeit for a fixed time) of a brand new Renualt Megane 2 door Sports Coupe... Really slick looking unit and even got a hot bum from the heated seats while being given the run through....

Had to get fuel (diesel) not far from where we picked it up. All ok until I try to get back into the driver side from the right - bugger, wrong side.....

GPS works really well, lots of instructions, easy to read. Off we go down the motorway at 110kmh, then onto 130kmh - gotta love these roads. We even get brave and go off the main road for lunch. Then back onto the motorway and towards our target.

Another deviation to a beachside town - Deauville - nice to see the coastline and a beach. Back to the motorway, but we have a minor issue, lost our friendly voice - NFI why - play with settings to no avail. Anyway, we still find our way to the B&B we have booked - looking over Mont Saint-Michel in a tiny village. Very nice. We have the Napoleon III room.

BTW - thanks for all the birthday wishes, had a special day with new car, scratches in French (that were as good as Oz variety - no wins) and a nice dinner looking over the bay. Finished off with the Cognac from the owner of the B&B we are staying at.

Off to bed (with a much thicker mattress tonight).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb