Europa - Day 12


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Mont Saint-Michel
May 24th 2012
Published: May 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 12

Starts well with a hearty breakfast at our B & B but then it turns not so good. Finally get Stella (or is it Sylvia) -our GPS voice back. That is the good news, bad news is that I suff up the location and don't quite follow Stella's instructions and end up a long way in the wrong direction and have to do a U turn to get back on track.

Finally back where we wanted to be and have a very nice time by the beach and the English Channel (very warm and sunny day). Lots of really old buildings to see, along with a few castles/forts built on rock outcrops guarding the entry to the port. Also see some guys getting trucks onto the beach to cross a low tide road to one of these island forts. What fun - 2 bogged and have to be pulled out by their tractor after much digging....

We then go to a point of the harbor called Pointe de Grouin which was very pretty and also very rugged. Crepes and a drink after our walk and we are off. Back roads again to Mont Saint-Michel. Lots of tiny villages where the houses butt right up to the road and then we turn a corner and wow - the Abbey on Mont Saint-Michel right in front of us. What a sight - and we are really in the back blocks here...

We finally get to the official car park and the sight is not as good as before but still very impressive. Dress rehearsal for tomorrow as we were too late today - too many tourists to get a good go so back tomorrow a lot earlier.

Eventually back to B&B and re-pack the bags for car travel - means we don't have to scrunch everything into 2 cases now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.594s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.3478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb