Paris Adventure - 2


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 22nd 2016
Published: September 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Opera GarnierOpera GarnierOpera Garnier

Not for the riffraff
Arrived it dawn and zipped through security. Taxied to the apartment amid morning traffic, the driver using all the short cut. The area around the Gare du Nord railroad station was manned by police and military carrying very serious weapons. The same was a feature of JFK. These folks looked alert and serious.



The apartment is in a perfect location with many cafes and Brasseries to chose from. The owner is an artist and architect and is currently in Australia where he just might stay. It's located in the back of a five story building and is very sunny and quiet.



I settled in and then Linda and I trekked to the tourist office to pick up our metro passes and museum passes. The buildings along the way are beautiful and the weather was perfect for walking. Then we stopped for a cappuccino and a pasties, the licorice flavored drink. We walked to the Opera House, a beautiful belle 'epoque masterpiece. On the way home, as I am beginning to think of it, we stopped for a sushi lunch, rated C. I will never be able to master chop sticks. We settled in for a
Palais RoyalPalais RoyalPalais Royal

Linda at the garden
pre dinner relaxing time. Linda read, I napped.



We headed out for an appetite building walk to the Palais Royal courtyard and gardens. Along the way the cafes and bars were jumping with happy hour folks. The gardens and courtyard at the palace were lovely, the fountain providing a spot for folks to sit and read. Along the courtyard were galleries and couturier shops where we would have been able to afford NOTHING! On the way back we passed lots of inviting restaurants but decided on one that our landlord recommended just across the street from the apartment.



Linda had the Cunard comfit and she gave it an A rating. I had the cheese platter and even with walk I couldn't finish it. We now have an assortment of cheese to enjoy. It was time for a little grocery shopping and then home.



All in all it was a wonderful day. Walked about four miles, took care of needed business, stopped to smell the flowers and settled in for a relaxing evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Our KitchenOur Kitchen
Our Kitchen

all the comforts of home


Tot: 0.379s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb