A trip to the Hospital


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
March 15th 2014
Published: March 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Em slept the whole night through and then couldn't keep her breakfast down either so we decided to have a rest day and if things did not improve we would seek a doctor. After sleeping all morning then throwing up Macca's we took Em to the American Hospital where we heard most of the English speaking doctors worked. On arrival, we were told that peadiatric emergencies were not catered for on weekends... crap. But wait, the kiddie doctor just happened to be in seeing someone else and he was willing to see us too. Phew! A diagnosis of gastroenteritis followed and we took Em home with instructions on what to give her and what foods she would and would not be able to eat. Turns out we were feeding her all the stuff that made it worse and only a little of the right stuff. On the right track now and we have not had any more gastric pyrotechnics so she just wants to sleep lots.

For anyone wanting English speaking doctors in Paris, I can certainly recommend the American Hospital. They were very helpful and understanding and although not everyone there speaks perfect English, it is easy enough to make yourself understood and get the right help. Thanks.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb