Travel Blog Assignment 3


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The two questions being asked are, what role do women play in this society? Do they have equality? If not, what discrimination do women in this country face? The women in France have a similar to the one in the United States, they have the same education and jobs. For example, they study to be teachers, engineers, judges, etc,. However they do not face equality. The women are less likely to be promoted or get hired into a job because of their gender. In France they go a lot through sexism and people not hiring women because they believe that men are more superior and more intellectual than women.

Women in France take the same classes as anyone else, have the same values as men, and even have the same intelligence as them. The women in France work as hard as the men, but they get discriminated. Many of the people in France think that women are not good enough for a job no matter how good they are in school or have more experience than a men. However, many people in France believe that men are better and have what it takes to have a job. Moreover, if a woman has a child and has a job, they are more likely to lose the job, while a men with a child would be promoted to the next level. Furthermore, the people hiring the workers question the women's ability more than a men and say if they have the proper skills required for the certain job.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20130307/feminism-discrimination-men-women-france

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb