B2, Travel Blog #4


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

The question being asked is how do sports play a role in the everyday life of people in Catalonia, Spain? Spain is known for many things; for example, sports, food, cultural heritage, and many more others. The main focus, however, is sports in Catalonia, Spain. Spain has one of the most famous team which is Barcelona, a soccer team that has a bi reputation. The Barcelona soccer team has contributed in a positive effective way. Many of these contributions have been "symbolic actions" to Spain and the government.

Barcelona has accomplished many things, accompanied by Real Madrid, like, "They are both economic giants with international fan bases, competing for world-wide football markets. They have also hugely benefited from the economic support of regional and city council administrations in Barcelona." Spain is a country that for over years has been into the sport soccer and that also had a large influence to Spain's accomplishments. Furthermore, the Catalans made decisions based on the teams on who should become the independent soccer team that became a popular team not just around Spain but also around the world. Lastly, Spain's soccer team symbolizes "universe and a national narrative".

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2013/10/25/the-symbolism-in-spanish-football-illustrates-that-catalan-and-spanish-identities-are-not-necessarily-incompatible/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb