Allie and Tyler Strike Out On Their Own


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
July 3rd 2013
Published: July 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi everybody, this is Allie and Tyler.

Our parents flew home today, but we are continuing our European travels, so we are taking over the blog.

This morning we took the Eurostar from London to Paris.

When our dad was researching Eurostar tickets, he learned that the London to Paris price was about $300/person, but that if you purchased non-refundable tickets for a train leaving London before 7:00 a.m., you could get the tickets for $66. Needless to say, we were out of bed and on the Tube before the sun came up.

Arrived Paris on a chilly, rainy summer day. We checked into our hostel and started to explore the city.

Our hostel is located near jardin des Luxenbourgh, a large and beautiful park near Notre Dame. The park has several well-used tennis courts. They are so well-used that several waiting players were knocking balls back and forth over a line of chairs they had set up as a net.

We saw Notre Dame and then went to the Champs Elysees. We watched the crazy (and we mean crazy) traffic around the Arc de Triumph (Tyler made a video) and then walked all the way to the Louvre.

We sat a couple of cafes and generally took in Paris life.

Ready for another great day tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb