Last Couple of Days In London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 2nd 2013
Published: July 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hey, here is a catch up blog from London,

Our last couple of days in London were crazy busy ...Wimbolen, Windsor, and another great day in the parks.

We took the train out to Windsor to see the Village of Windsor and Windsor Castle (the world's oldest continuously operating castle). Wow, what an amazing place. We packed a lunch and ate it in Windsor Great Park (another of the amazing "Royal Parks"). We then toured Windsor Castle. This was absolutely one of our favorite days in Britain.

We also spent some additional time in Hyde Park, the huge park in central London. It was raining, but that did not stop us. The kids played frisbee in the rain and were soaked. We adults had a bit more sense.

As we leave the UK, we wanted to share a couple of things we learned.

First ... ice cream bars are called "stick bars." Now we want to teach you all about "stick bar math." "Stick bar math" is a special type of math invented by Tyler. He calculates the number of stick bar eating Americans and then divides that number into the number of stick bars in a box, so that there are always stick bars left over. And the left overs you ask????? Tyler eats them. That is stick bar math.

When we return to American you will hear us all use our new favorite word "sorted." "Sorted" means "organized" or "ready to go."

Also a huge shout out to Lisa Stone for inventing the best phrase ever. "OYSTER UP." In London, you use Oyster Cards to move around on the Tube. When you need to add money to your Oyster Card you "Oyster Up!" Congrats to Lisa for the best phrase ever.

Ed and Lisa heading home. Allison and Tyler on to France


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Carrying MomCarrying Mom
Carrying Mom

Lisa is so overwhelmed by Windsor Castle, her children need to carry her out.
Her Majesties' ArmyHer Majesties' Army
Her Majesties' Army

Allie tries, and fails, to make Royal Army Guard react.
It RainingIt Raining
It Raining

Lisa holds her children's rain coats on rainy day, Hyde Park, London
Canary Wharf Tube StationCanary Wharf Tube Station
Canary Wharf Tube Station

Canary Wharf, our home away from home


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb