Montmartre


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 5th 2012
Published: September 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Late start again today.....late night at Tour Eiffel! Breakfast at nearby cafe......11ish.....omelettes and strawberry crepes. Yummmm as usual ....great food! Haven't had anything but very good yet....of course we are all easy. We love food!

Walked about ten blocks to catch bus to Montmartre and the Basilque Sacre Coeur. After about a million steps we sat in the church and enjoyed the quiet beauty.

The view of Paris from the top of the hill was beautiful and the day was again a comfortable, not too warm perfect temp. ....for open top bus tour day. We spent the afternoon seeing the sights by bus....Montmartre and the Grand Boulevards.

After changing mode of transportation at the Louve we enjoyed an hour or so tour on the River Seine seeing all the grand sights from another point of view. We took a lot of photos which we will share later.....After departing the river cruise we returned to apt. To freshen up....have a toddy on the balcony and then strolled across the street to the local corner cafe "a really happening neighborhood type place". We had dinner...and the most delicious flan dessert (Sharon.....to die for)!

We are packing so much into each day for Dudley.....what a wonderful city....all cream, tan and brown....old stone...cobble streets, with beautiful street lights and such architecture....every where you look is a Kodak moment....it is hard to describe the atmosphere and beauty...of each sight. We saw Notre Dame from the seine today and it was more beautiful than from above.....The Louvre from the river view seems to go on forever.....Put this city on your Bucket list....Aurvoir

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb