LONG DAY IN PARIS


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 4th 2012
Published: September 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We started early today with an open city bus ride through the Latin Quarter, Luxembourg,and Montparnasse. It was a beautiful morning and we all enjoyed just riding and seeing the lovely sights.

Marty had signed for her first cooking class at 2:30 so we found a lovely cafe and had a grand lunch of Croque monsouir...a grilled ham and cheese with a fried egg on top. We added a salad and good old frites (wonderful fries)! We walked over the seine to close to where Marty was headed and parted ways.

Dudley and I s trolled leisurely back to our apt. To rest and recharge our batteries, Literally And figuratively! After a brief rest we set out again on foot to the Louvre where we spent awhile at the Pyramid square. We caught the green line bus which took us to the Champs-Elyse'es and Arc de Triomphe. WE exited bus and went for a brief stroll down the Champs-Elyse'es....just so we could say we had done it!

We returned to bus and rode to the Trocade'ro ....again exited for a lite dinner (lovely corner cafe) they are a dime a dozen!!!!! Had onion soup, bread and beer. After dinner we took a stroll around Trocadero circle, crossed over the river and walked to the Tour Eiffel. it was our intention to go up in the tower just before sun set and stay to see the evening lights of the city turn on. Ha! After a two hour stand in lines to buy ticket and more lines to board two different elevators to get to the top most view.......It was worth it all....but very dark outside. The night view was beautiful and with all the sites of the city fully lit it was breathtaking to see....it was however the longest elevator ride I have ever experienced.

We got down too late to catch the bus so had to take a taxi home....due to our poor French he was only able to get us close!!! We are on a little street and obviously I wasn't even close in my pronunciation. But we walked the last two blocks and are happy to be home at the end of another lovely day in Paris.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb