Happy birthday in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 3rd 2012
Published: September 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our day started early with a stroll to the Louvre for a quick look at the parimid....to purchase on-off Bus tour tickets and museum passes for Wednesday.

We caught the bus and rode past Notre Dame, The Hotel Deville past the Modern Library...Modern Business District andthe Bastille Opera House to the Place de Vosges where we got off for a late lunch.

We found a lovely little cafe Josephine where we ate Veal Chops and roasted potatoes. The wine is the same price as coffee, tea, etc. so we had 2 glasses each! Then a lovely birthday dessert of death by chocolate!!!

On our way back to bus stop we strolled into the Louie XIII Park and sat awhile to watch the locals having a romp or a nap in the park. After a qUick photo for Zoe we did a little shopping at a consignment shop where I purchased a sweater that only a true Parisiene would wear....way cool.

The day had turned rather cool and drizzly so we cheated and hailed a taxi back to the apt. Where we all took a nap! Soon we were out again to the market for wine, bread,cheese and a few noodles....which Marty boiled down with a leftover baked chicken, onion, and carrots into a tasty noodle soup which we gobbled down withfresh French bread from the local bakery.

I sat on the balcony drinking some champagne and painting until the cool weather drove us in for the evening. We have reviewed today's photos...had a cup of decafe and I must say it was a lovely birthday in Paris!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb