I Must be French- I have a French Phone!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
July 6th 2012
Published: July 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hanging out in ParisHanging out in ParisHanging out in Paris

With Anneka and Marc Clevenger from San Diego
07 86 95 98 18 in case you want to call me internationally.

If you are ever in Europe, remember that the coffees aren't made up like your local Starbucks. A latte and cappuccino are basically expresso with a hint of milk, so if milk is what you need in coffee, one must order cafe creme or cafe au lait. Once our coffee dilemmas were over and at the risk of repeating myself, we dashed off once again to buy cell phones. Voila! Je suis Americain avec un telephone, albeit a dinosaur in its technical abilities.

I saw on Facebook that our friends, the Clevengers, were also in Paris, so we made arrangements to have a 4th of July drink later. The guys went off in search of more music and French fashions, and we found ourselves first in Galleries Lafayette and then Printemps. I had to use un toilette and I remembered the fancy ones on the 3 rd floor. They still cost 1€ but it was now one of those high tech Japanese things that heat the seat, wash, dry, you name it. I guess i get excited about the little things! Oh, and the new shoes I bought, too!

After a quick stop to light a candle and say a prayer in St. Louis en L'Ile (yes, a catholic church...even us nice Jewish girls go in to say a prayer), we met Anneka and her family for that Independence day demi bierre and before dinner ice cream for the girls. They told us about their sewer tour (rivers of poop) and showed us the thousands of locks on one of the bridges going to Notre Dame. We are not sure how it started,but people put these locks of love on the bridge, make a wish and throw the key into the Seine. We saw some gorgeous locks, very ornate , some very simple, many engraved. We'll go down to BHV and buy a lock to leave behind, too. We saw a street performer that juggled beautiful glass balls that reflected an inverted cathedral and sky, watched Katie dance in the street with Madeline, the street dancer for a ragtime band, and went to the local park where Marc flung Katie off a most dangerous,never in the US, kind of fun playground toy. Pizza in the Marais ended our wonderful evening with American friends, and although we didn't see any fireworks- we still had awonderful 4th.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Paris locks on the bridgeParis locks on the bridge
Paris locks on the bridge

Tis one was very cool...and there were so many!
Paris locksParis locks
Paris locks

True love, will you marry me
Paris locksParis locks
Paris locks

She said yes, and now we'll start to look for the new baby one!
Seine swimmerSeine swimmer
Seine swimmer

I wouldn't put my toe in the water, but this man stripped right down to his speedo and cooled off.


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1011s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb