Beaching It!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
July 25th 2009
Published: July 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Beaching it! During the dog days of summer, the city sponsors at "beach" along the Seine (Ile de France). They bring in tons of sand, palm trees, beach chairs, umbrellas, and games. It was a beautiful day and we were missing the sun and the sand so we enjoyed the afternoon on the Ile de France near the Pont Marie. It was fun watching the street urchins run through the sprinklers and play games. There are all sorts of kiosks set up with sandwiches, glacier (our new favorite treat), wine, etc. We enjoyed ourselves until it rained, and we took refuge under the Pont Marie where Raymes captured the pictures of the kids. He thought the little Japanese boys reminded him of the men in WWII movies he has seen (very funny!). After he took their pictures, they were very curious about us and we kind of got scared! Luckily, the rain stopped and we were able to escape from under Pont Marie. Archie finally joined us after his visit at the US Embassy (he noticed his passport "missing") and we got a good snapshot in front of Notre Dame.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



25th July 2009

Love the beach!
Glad you guys had some down time to just relax and enjoy, while taking some people watching! Can't wait to hear more about the glacier treat.
25th July 2009

Fun in the Sun!!!
Looks like so much fun - rain, rain go away!! Your blog updates are great, I love seeing everything that you are doing - such an amazing experience, especially for Molly and Raymes. I can't wait to see you all when you get back to town - we will HAVE to go to Doozies!!
25th July 2009

Hi. I have missed all of you! I was glad to see you a la plage! I know there are several of them. The French are so inventive, I love it. Plus, it doesn't cost anything, right? Except if you want something to eat. I am glad your dad arrived safe and sound. He lost his passport???!!! Naughty, naughty! LOL Continue to have fun. Time is flying! Love, Sue

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb