Divide and Conquer


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 25th 2009
Published: July 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had another day off. Today, the girls went shopping and the boys went......????? We are not sure yet. I will have Raymes add an entry after this. Although this is our 3rd weekend here, we have not really been "in the city" on a saturday or sunday. It is shoulder to shoulder packed! Molly and I went shopping. We started at the high end at the shops at the Palace (Louvre) and saw Stella McCartney's shop and Marc Jacobs. They were really beautiful and gave us an appreciation for very fine design. Unfortunately, we can't even afford a pair of socks! We shopped along the Rue de Rivoli and found a cute dress for Molly - perhaps for Meghan's wedding. We stopped and had lunch at a street cafe. By the time we made it to the Hotel de Ville, the city was seething with hot, stinky bodies. We went into a department store (BVH?) and decided to find something more boutique=ish....We headed toward the Pompidou Centre...but it also was seething with smelly bodies! We now know why the French invented perfume! We ducked into the nearest subway (which was even smellier) and made our way home. At one point, our navigo passes would not work and we jumped the turnstyles (in our dresses....tres chic). We stopped and got 2 movies and are looking forward to watching them at home. But not before we head out again for a picnic dinner somewhere on the "beach."



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

End of dayEnd of day
End of day

On Mouffetard Street


25th July 2009

tres belle
Molly, your robe is tres belle. It is perfect for the wedding! I am curious to where the men went today! Remember the Tour de France ends on the Champs Elysee on Sunday. I wondered if you will be there to see Lance Armstrong come in 3rd. Enjoy the weather there since this week it has been rainy here. It is the 2nd coolest July on record. I hope you had fun a la plage! Love, Sue
26th July 2009

Les francaises sont-elles sales???
OK... I think you have established once and for all the notion that the French (or Eurpoeans in general) have a thing against "bains" et "savon." I remember thinking the same thing when I was in Germany many years ago. Maybe it's just that we here in the USA are overly clean? (Thank Goodness, eh?) Wonderful pictures. All of you look like you are having the time of your lives. Merveilleux!!!
26th July 2009

I LOVE PARIS!
that's awesome, i love Molly's clothes! she's pretty.
28th July 2009

L.O.V.E. the dress Molly. Shopping, what could be better - I am sure that Molly was in heaven!! Aunt Maureen, you look great and are taking the best pics for the blog (Molly looks like a model!)!! Looking forward to Raymond's entry to see how the boys spent their time!!
28th July 2009

hi
Wow~! I love the dress, Mol! I will send you a cute pic of kitty!

Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb