What to Pack for Your Paris Vacation


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
February 9th 2018
Published: February 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Planning a romantic getaway? Or a fun family holiday? Whatever your reason might be to visit the world’s capital of style, you can be sure you’re going to have a good time in Paris. After all, you will be surrounded by some of the best food, fashion and sights that the world has to offer, so the only thing left is to be open-minded and soak up the wonders around you. But a lot of the trip depends on how well we prepare and pack. So, let’s see what the essentials in your bag should be when you travel to the City of Light.

Seasonal clothes




Paris is wonderful any time of the year, and it has a completely different setting when it’s covered in snow or illuminated by sunlight. You can check out the average temperatures for your trip, but also the forecast just before you leave. Beware that even during summer, the evenings can get quite cold, so you should pack a jacket and an umbrella just in case. During winter, you’ll find that the temperatures get quite low, so gloves, waterproof shoes, and scarfs are a must. Other than that, just follow the regular packing guidelines, and make sure you leave some space in the suitcase, because you will surely want to bring something back from the trip.

Gadgets




Depending on where you will be staying, you will need different equipment, so make sure you ask exactly what your accommodation offers. If you’re traveling from the other side of the world, you should bring a pair of Go Travel adaptors, since the last thing you want is to be left without electricity because your cords aren’t compatible. Make a list and make sure you have all of the chargers for phones, cameras and other electricals you’re bringing. If you plan on exploring for longer periods of time, you should also bring a power bank, so you don’t run out of battery when you’re out.

Navigation and getting around




Being in a new country, especially one where you don’t speak the language, can be very disorienting. And while the French are notorious for not speaking any languages other than French, it’s not impossible to find someone who will help you find your way. But just in case, you should bring a pocket dictionary with some basic terms, maps of the area with your accommodation and the places you want to visit clearly marked and if you are using your phone as navigation, make sure you download all of the maps, so you don’t blow through your entire data plan in a matter of minutes.

Personal items




All of us have some items that are only on our packing lists, but they are always there. That could be medication, motion sickness relief straps, or it could be a good luck charm. Maybe you like to take Polaroid pictures, in which case you’ll need your camera and film, with any additional gear. If you like to write down your memories, bring along a notebook and a few pens, so you can write it on the spot. Just make sure that everything you put in your suitcase is something you will actually be using, otherwise, it’s just excess weight.



Of course, you should have an appropriately sized suitcase to put it all in, and a stylish bag that goes with all of your outfits for all the bits and bobs you carry around when you go out. Make sure to take a lot of pictures and create a lot of memories, because at the end of the day, it’s not about the city, it’s how you chose to spend your time there!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.49s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb