Versailles


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Versailles
December 10th 2008
Published: December 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We visited the magnificence of Versailles today (after taking a couple of hours to get from one side of Paris right over to the other side). Mum kept saying its no wonder that they had a revolution, and i tend to agree. The extravagance and decadence were ridiculous, but impressive nonetheless. It had snowed that morning, so the gardens were lovely with the snow still on the hedges and everything.
Then after coming back into town we had a look at Notre Dame, which was spectacular. Unreal shadows as it was early evening, and the large Xmas tree outside was lovely.
Then we met Tesni at St Michel for a spot of window shopping (i made a list of about 45 things i want to go back and buy when we are back in Paris), and walked up to the Pantheon for a quick look around. We also had a quick look inside another local church that Tesni had never been inside, which was lovely. Then into a traditional creperie for a spot of dinner. I wasnt too sure about the egg on top of mum and Tesni's crepes, but my flaming dessert crepe with rum and coconut ice cream was perfect. Then back to catch the metro before the last bus back to the resort.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb