Day 26-27 - Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 22nd 2016
Published: May 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

I didn't blog yesterday as it was mainly just a travel day. We landed safely in France in the afternoon yesterday and then caught two trains to the Arc De Triumph which is near where we are staying. We then caught a cab to our hotel which was actually only a few streets away, but we didn't have google maps so we got in the cab and it took us around the giant scary roundabout surrounding the Arc De Triumph and then to our hotel. After we settled in we tried to find a place to eat around us that was reasonably priced (which is hard where we are) and also a place that Blair's stomach could handle as he was still a bit queezy, so we found a pub and had dinner there. We also went to Mc Donald's so Blair could buy some orange juice, the Mc Donald's is right next the the Arc De Triumph and there was so much security inside! There were at least 5 security guards and everyone's bag was checked as they entered Mc Donald's, so security is on high alert everywhere in Paris, and to be honest it's a little scary at times knowing what has happened here so recently, but I'm glad there is so much security and checking everywhere!

Today we walked to the Louvre, took some pictures and then went to Saint Chapelle and the Notre Dame. Paris is such a beautiful city, I thought I'd seen enough of older buildings, cathedrals and streets, but though it's old, Paris is so different! Near the Notre Dame they had some kind of pastry competition, so I tired a few little puff pastry things (forgot what they were called though, but they were good!). After the Notre Dame Blair's energy levels started to crash and the weather started to get a lot worse, so we hid inside a subway sandwich place and when we'd spent about an hour there we went to a Starbucks place near where we were going to meet Blair's friend Jeff. When we met up with him it started to pour down outside so we couldn't really go anywhere so we had a coffee and a drink somewhere. We got absolutely saturated, my shoes are still wet and my clothes took ages to dry inside! Apparently tomorrow it's supposed to be slightly better but still random showers so we'll visit the inside of the Louvre tomorrow. Au Revoir!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb