Day 28 - Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 23rd 2016
Published: May 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the Louvre. We got on the train at the Arc De Triumph and then got off again...... But when we got off we realised we were still looking at the Arc De Triumph rather than the Louvre (we'd only made it about 100 metres down the road haha). We then got back on and got off at the right stop. When we'd finally got into the Louvre we made a plan of how to see everything, but realised that after doing only a tiny bit of it (1/12th) that we weren't going to get through it all, so we just picked a few places we wanted to see and did it that way. We managed to see the Mona Lisa which wasn't as crowded as we'd thought, and we saw Napoleon's different rooms where the dining room table could fit over 40 people at once! We also saw lots of different sculptures, paintings, artefacts etc. We didn't realise how big the Louvre was, it was four stories high and each level would take at least an hour to get through (if you did it really fast!). After the Louvre we bought some amazing macaroons on the way home and I did some window shopping while blair relaxed at the hotel. Tonight we are going to see a cabaret show at Lido so better get ready for that. Au Revoir!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb