Day 2 Paris


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day Two A day around Paris
While staying with M, L & J it seemed an opportunity to go into central Paris. We thought the best way to see the sights in such a short time was to jump on a tour bus. We picked this up just outside the Lourvre where it headed past Notre Dame Cathedral, Eiffel Tower, the Hospital Invalides the Moulin Rouge and Opera House.
During the tour we made two stops one was for a quick lunch stop in the Champs Elysee .
(I always have this idea of a nice relaxed coffee on the Champs Elysee watching French life go by. But both times I tried it never seemed to happen the first was with Megan and we ended up in McDonalds and this time we seemed to have hit the lunch time with the whole of Paris! Better luck next time K.)
The 2nd stop was to see the Sacre-Coure at Monmatre. This was Alison suggestion it was a popular destination and no wonder the view of Paris was spectacular!. Later we walked around the back and saw the market where many artists and craftspeople ply their trade.
Time was getting on- a quick walk back the station towards M L and J.
It was great to see Laura out of Hospital. We then sat out in the Garden catching the last rays of sun before bed and the journey east towards Germany.

Hi points Wonderful French Buildings (eg Louvre Hospital d’invalides Opera house, Sacre Coure), Champagne in garden with Laura, last proper bed for several months



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Aperitifs!!Aperitifs!!
Aperitifs!!

Margaret Laura and Jimmy with Benji the Dog and of course Champagne


Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 66; dbt: 0.095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb