June 16th: Bagpipes, Kilts, and Nessie...Oh My!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Champagne-Ardenne » Troyes
June 16th 2010
Published: June 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It's about 9:10am here in Troyes and it is the morning of our departure for SCOTLAND! We found out yesterday that we have to skip our second class today in order to comfortably make the train to Paris and then the shuttle to the Paris Beauvais airport, so it will be interesting to hear about our teacher's reaction when we miss today and tomorrow. Oh well, we're going to be in Scotland!

Anyways, last night was very productive. Our Project Management group finished our 20+ page report for planning our conference, and then a bunch of people hung out in my room and socialized for a while. Throughout the night, we finalized our plans for how to get to Scotland and did the online check-in for our flight. So here's the deal: we leave today after 12:00pm as soon as possible to take the bus to the train station, buy tickets for whichever train (the 2:30pm or the 5:11pm) we can get, take the train to Paris, hang out in Paris until we need to metro to the shuttle stop, take the 8:10pm shuttle to Paris Beauvais, and finally take our 11:10pm flight to arrive in Scotland at 11:40pm (due to the time difference). It should prove to be an adventure, especially because once we get there, there are no more shuttles from Prestwick, where we land, to Glasgow until 5:48am. So we'll see how that goes! Then we're going to figure out plans when we get there, but we hope to incorporate the Highlands and Edinburgh into our stay in Glasgow. On Sunday, we do it all again to get back.

So until Sunday night, bon voyage to you all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb