Dijon - Christmas Eve


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Dijon
December 26th 2014
Published: December 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Ok, here we are in Dijon! The area is Burgundy and in one word.....stunning!

So much to write really, but I think photos show you more. This truly is a fascinating place, and well worth a visit anytime! Arrive by train, trek around by car!

Although we arrived the day after a tragic attack in one area of Dijon, you just would hardly know. Life went onwards regardless it seems.

so, we ventured off early morning, having visited a couple of night markets the evening before then went slowly winding our way through alleys. As we vowed to really do a proper exploration the next day, we decided to collapse, hoping for some decent internet signal...mm, not yet that night anyway!

Anyway, off we went on Christmas Eve, better frame of mind, and ventured into the city center proper be rewarded with a city filled with charm, character & stunning architecture. it was fabulous!



At the time of writing, we have lost the book to put the details on the pictures, but just enjoy....the works of art on buildings, the gargoyles, the old tudor buildings are just something to savor and enjoy....

Oh, christmas eve lunch was just fab at the Cow Grille! yep...you'll see in the pictures. Of course we were first in the door and then within minutes the place was packed. Best meal in ages!.....Nothing open chrismas eve at all, so had to jump when we could!! well worth to enjoy a real Burgundy Christmas feast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb