Annecy - France Chrismas day & boxing Day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Annecy
December 26th 2014
Published: December 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to Annecy...NOT!!

A long long train ride over 6.5 hrs in total time! We are tired, we are dizzy with the sway of the train, we arrive....I ask nicely for directions...I get a map shoved in my face and a slammed window in my face!! Oh so not a good start!

Next..we think, we shall go outside the train station....Pardon Monsieur, excusez -moi se il vous plait..got a resounding shake of the head, well merry damn christmas to you too! So not a good start Annecy....rudeness does not go down to well, but is it total rudeness or total indifference. I really haven't struck any arrogant or rude French until now, but in Dijon, we were warned by the staff at the hotel to be aware. It seems that Annecy, with all its beauty & charm has an under current of indifference in its inhabitants. Maybe because of the influx of people coming to see the town and its glorious stunning backdrop of mountains and lake in summer and winter alike. who knows. (thats no excuse, I live on Australias tourist strip!!!) My first thoughts were not favorable. Yet today, having walked around, I & we have allowed the towns beauty to inspire us in stead of being bothered by its people.



After a very lack luster start in trying to fin somewhere to actually get fed brekky (gosh, we would kill for scrambled eggs & bacon), we happened upon the Friday fresh foods markets. Yay..maybe a chance of finding something to eat. (Our first attempt got us basically comments.."no food only coffee") not what you say to two starving Aussies now!!! Anyway, the markets it was. And more yay's...hot food in the form of Hot spicy German Sausages and fantastic tasting sauerkraut (Alsace versions), and absolutely fab too! No pics, we ate with fingers..you dont want to see that!!!

We were then inspired to investigate this town further, better with a bit more of a relaxed manner. It is truly interesting so medieval and with a real charm to it. The mountains of the French Alps as a back drop and a stunning lake to view with them, we were able to settle and enjoy our morning walking trip around this small and quaint city.



Enjoy the photos.....some panoramic!

We Caught the flight of this Swan in the old town part of town in Annecy

[
">
]









Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

DSCF2278DSCF2278
DSCF2278
DSCF2288DSCF2288
DSCF2288
SANY0410SANY0410
SANY0410
DSCF2291DSCF2291
DSCF2291
DSCF2292DSCF2292
DSCF2292


Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb