Mustard time!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Dijon
July 4th 2007
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Its been a bit rainy the last couple of days but anywayz...

Spent an afternoon an morning in Lucern. In the afternoon walked all around the old town. The bridges were al pretty unique. Went an saw dying lion of Luzern, was much larger than i expected an cut into the actual rock face of the cliff. In the morning it was still raining, so decided to get a train somewhere else. Off to Dijon, halfway between Switzerland an Paris, famous for its Mustard.

Got to Dijon in the afternoon an decided to lash out an get a 2* hotel room, seems the only hostel was about 20min out. Found a great little one in the heart of town recommended in Lonely planet. Was a little french place with boxes of red flowers on the windowsill an opening shutters. The view could have been straight out of the 17th century if there were no cars. Went to a museum thats suppost to be the 2nd best in France, saw Renins Adam an Eve an this beautiful statue that i admired more than David. Strolled around an got lost in the town, such an elegant one. A lot of people sitting out in their cafes having coffee.

The next day it poured down. The temperature about 15 degrees. Started to have another look around but really no point. The TV has BBC world on it, an the first thig i hear is Brisbane, top news, Beattie blumping away. I hate being totaly detached from the nws like i am. Cr bombs in scotland, crazy to think i was iving not to far away.

Am sitting in Dijon Train station (now somewhere in Paris) writing this. The timetable in the Eurail book was wrong so have a 2 hr wait.

PS the sounds that come on before the loud speaker sounds like what they play in cartoons when somthing evils going to happen!!

Meting Mum an Dad tommorrow in Paris so excited about that, am going to do a bike tour tonight i think.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb