Paris to Ireland!! Good Craic


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway
July 11th 2007
Published: July 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

OK know im being slack with the 2nd possibly last blog but havent had time or opportunity to write!

Began the city of lights (Pary) on a bicycle, wich i hadnt written since i was a young teenager, through the major sights of the city, absolutly great way to get around, bit harrowing with the traffic but survived to tell the blog (went on the last scene of Carrie an Mr Big in SATC on the bridge) an saw the eiffel tower in full sparkle mode on the little river ride. Next day met mum an dad in the train station who i was meeting up with for a couple of days, so was terrific to see them an experience a city with them. After going to their hotel, bit of sleeping envy there!!, explored the citi an the latin quater with them. Went into Notre Dame (ok i know thats not the spelling!) which was really good. Had a few stops in gardens an had a solid hot chocolate in St Germain St at Cafe Flore which dad was pretty happy about. Went into Museum D'Orssey an saw alot of famous paintings. Went of then into where i was staying, Montre.... well the artistic suburb of town (an the red light district) was actually about 10min walk from Moulin Rouge. Out of the metro there was some Chopwata going on (Brazilian Dancing) which was the best ive seen an everyone got involved. Then walked up to the Church am saw the glittering lights of paris light up underneath you, even through the rain it was good.

Next day in the morning spent it getting lost around the Louve Museum. Yes, saw the lady with the smile, she really does watch u as you go around the room. I did really get lost in there, took me ages to get back to the pyramid. Met m an d in front of that an walked right along the champs Elyssay to the arch. Just crowds of people on this street. Went right up to the top (many spiraling steps later) an was awarded with the best surround view, right in the middle of the round about. Crazy roundabout too, all the cars have dents, probably from that traffic delema. It was such a good day we walked along to the eiffel tower an went up, an up, an up. This city has so many famous monuments if was great to get the birds eye view, to see them all in one picture. Had a drink on the bottom layer an walked right along to st germain for a great meal, didnt see any jazz though.

Went to Madeline in the morning with mum an went window shopping, every single classic label u could think of we walked past. Went to the Opera house as well, where the Phantom of the Opera lived i believe, such an opulant place, crazy lights an dome. Met dad in the Montr.... district on the steps up to the church an watched the city view while listing to a harp player in the middle, one of those moments again. Then went an had some lunch. All these artists were going around drawing so got one done, never know he may be famous one day. That night we did go to the Moulin Rouge, the highlight of Paris i think, such a great time an sets, girl even swan with snakes and of course their famous can can. Said goodbye to the parents, was great to have them around.

Next morning went into the Palace of Justice an saw the best church windows since sistine chapel. In the same complex was the place marie antonnette spent her 74 last days in the prison, an 1000s of others that went to the gallows. Walked around the Champs area again, went past Jimmy Choo shoes shop!! Went into a virgin shop as well an was supprised the first cd i came across was Jeff Lang, aussie, played at the rev many of times, a few others there as well. Got back to the train station, 1 an a half hr trip out to budget airport then 40min bus trip, lucky i checked that in the morning!! Then the plane was delayed so came into dublin about 1 in the morning. Felt like a real backpacker, got out my speeping bag an curled up in a corner of the airport, slept about 3 hrs before a security guard came an woke me up an the place was packed, i must have been tired. Made my way to tour

Running out of time, but irish tour is going good, had my first guiness (well many now) an its really good, really really good.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb