Beaune


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Beaune
June 14th 2018
Published: June 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

After all Greg's driving over the past couple of day this morning was a quite morning for him while I explored some of the old city of Beaune (pronounced Bone) especially the Hotel-Dieu des Hospices de Beaune. This was a hospital established in 1443 and was known as "a palace for the poor" and was a wonderful constructed building using the finest materials which has ensure its continued existence for centuries. The family that started this hospital where gifted a vineyard which they have used to finance the hospital and care for the poor over the years mainly with wine auction.

With Greg's return to life in the afternoon we set off for a tour of the Moutarderie Fallot mustard factory and mustard tasting - we now have a new appreciation for mustard and the pearing of mustard with different foods. Watch out back home I feel we will be serving more mustards with food back home especial seen we now have 12 various size bottles to bring home - do think we will be eating a couple of these on the rest of the trip as we have been informed that Moutarde Au Pain D'epices de Dijon (Gingerbread and Honey Dijon Mustard) is great with goat cheese and we have 2 bottles of this (yes one for the trip and one for home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb