Dijon


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Dijon
June 15th 2018
Published: June 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today we spent the day in Dijon, after a short trip from Beaune we arrived stressfully at the central markets, there were a number of road blockages that caused the GPS to have issues with us. The market was great and there was a whole different array of items available for sale other than the standard vegetables, meats, fish and deli items. Buys could buy an array on pre-prepared take home dinners and there are specialist shops like one which only does Mushrooms, one that only does Honey. We decided to cook tonight and decided on a menu of Rabbit Ballantines, Cheese Souffle, Rosti and celeriac salad. With a dessert of Gingerbread Cake.

After the bustle of the market we went to the Mallie Mustard shop, and while we didn't intend of buying anything we ended getting more mustard. This time Rose wanted Balsamic Vinegar Mustard (Yummo). Had a wonderful walk around the streets admiring the architecture.

Those who remember the altercation I had with the Barcelona car park in 2016 will be happy to know that the Dijon car park was tighter and I came away unscathed.

We then decided to see a Chateau for the afternoon, this was the Chateau du Clos de Vougeot which was originally a 12th Century Castle for monks who took pride in developing their viticulture techniques and while it is now a museum and function centre, they have 4 massive wooden grape presses which used 25 Cubic meters of wood and take up 50 square meters of floor each. An absolute marvel of construction for their times.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb