Obenoi to Beaune


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Beaune
June 13th 2018
Published: June 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Obernai to Beaune


Today saw us moving down the country to the Dijon Area (Burgundy), but before we got too far we were recommended Riquewihr by Rowen as a place not to miss. She was correct and we found ourselves again stepping back in time to a simpler and more fulfilling time with everything homemade. First we stopped at bakery and we were offered an almond chocolate biscuit, and we purchase a pretzel, which must have just come out of the oven as it was so special, and I found myself daydreaming about it all day. We also found a cheese cave (literally), 3 meters underground we walked down and the owner was brushing the cheese wheels as he does twice per week. We tried some Munster cheese and immediately decided we had to have one, it is so pungent that he vacuum seals it to keep the smell in. All the building of the town were all brightly painted and gave the town a very festive appeal. Thanks for the tip Row-boat.

Next we moved to Mulhouse where the plan was to go to a wall paper museum, but alas we arrived a 12:10 and it was shut until 2pm for lunch, so plan B was another car museum (yeah me). The Cite de l'Automodile is the largest private collection of historical cars and houses cars from 1878 (and not just 1 or 2) to the current times having three Michael Schumacher F1 cars. I could not believe I could see dozens of Bugatti's and tens of brands you have never heard of. A must see for all who like cars.

Finally for the day we finish in our next town of Beaune, about 50kms from Dijon drinking a wonderful bottle of white Burgundy and eating Oeufe en Meurettle (Poached eggs nestled in a hearty Burgundy red wine sauce - heaven).


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb