Driving to Clermont-Ferrand


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Auvergne » Clermont-Ferrand
April 29th 2011
Published: May 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Phew! We made it to Clermont-Ferrand. Yes we now have a car and are hopefully very mobile.
The day started with some nervous tension just hoping all would work out because this is the first day of a four month drive around Europe. The first part was easy just catch the train to Lyon Airport. The phone call we made three days earlier to arrange a pick up seemed straight forward but it still needed a follow up call to let the car people know we were waiting. In no time at all we were whisked away to the collection place and there was our new Peugeot 207SW ready and waiting. What a lovely sight.
With all the documents signed and a quick lesson on the workings of the GPS we were ready for the BIG scary part of the journey. We had to drive! And we did. The lady in the GPS was very helpful and had us heading for our destination.
As we got closer to Clermont-Ferrand we experienced thunderstorms with torrential rain which lasted only a few minutes. On one occasion we drove through a hail storm and hoped our nice new car would come through unscathed. During this hailstorm we saw a plane land at the local airport. We assumed it landed safely.
We finally arrived at the right hotel in time for a walkabout before dinner.
Sorry about the sideways photos two blogs back but someone has changed the home page and not as straight forward to do things. Also some internet servers are quite slow and things get stuck halfway through the process. Bear with us.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb