Biaritz - The wave capital of Europe


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Biarritz
April 8th 2010
Published: November 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

BIARITZ is a MUST for anyone who likes waves!



A long weekend in Biaritz is really more than enough to discover and enjoy this very charming coastal town giving onto the Atlantic. My advice would be to check the weather forecast before going there. Because like all beach towns giving onto an open ocean, when the wind blows...It ain't a joke! The atmosphere is vibrant and young, and there is a lot of 'Jet Set' hanging around. There is a great selection of restaurants, not to mention shopping of any type. You can stay in one of the many Bed & Breakfasts, or choose to stay in a more traditional hotel with full staffing levels and standards. We opted for the Bed & Breakfast and really think this is the way to go. Everything is within walking distance, so try to find a parking spot where you can leave your vehicle for the duration of your stay. A visit to the light house and the maritime museum are two definate things to put on your TO DO list. If you want to try your luck, you can pass by the Casino, but being with the family we did not tempt lady luck on this trip. But there will definately be a next time...

What more can I say? Cool place, Cool people, great atmosphere and a overall fantastic weekend... Lucky it was not raining (too much).



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

City centerCity center
City center

A view of Biaritz from the beach


Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb