Got to love Sardinia


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sardinia » Alghero
March 31st 2010
Published: October 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arriving by FerryArriving by FerryArriving by Ferry

Just behind my daughter's head you can see Asinara island which until recently was an island prison. Can think of worse places to stay.

WOW! What a place!


I can not believe that we are half way through October and yesterday I was still swimming on Lazaretto beach, a beach near Alghero. Found a beautiful vacation home rented out as a B&B, the house is split in two and the owners live just next door. Only 15 minutes drive from the beach, true bliss. They are currently trying to build their website to attract more people to this great place, and got to hand it to them for the effort. Check out their site http://www.vacationsardegna.com they expect to finish it by the end of the month. Got to Alghero via ferry leaving from Barcelona to Porto Torres, and highly recommend Grimaldi Lines for this. Very professional, ferries are clean and staff are friendly. As the ferry leaves at +/- 22:00 we had all day to discover Barcelona, another great city. Next time we will organize ourselves and stay 2 or 3 days, but got to watch out for those Pick pockets!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Capo CacciaCapo Caccia
Capo Caccia

Great place for a day trip from where we were staying (La Rosa Dei Venti), it was only a 45 minute drive.
Capo GiglioCapo Giglio
Capo Giglio

This is the quality of water you will find on most of the beaches. This one in particular was 30 minutes from where we were staying (La Rosa Dei Venti) read my notes on this trip and you will find the website to book. I strongly recommend the place.


Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb