Day 9: Neuf-Brisach to Mulhouse


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Neuf-Brisach
July 13th 2012
Published: July 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 9: Neuf-Brisach all day. Had a great day in this little town. The campground owners were exceptional and let us charge all the electronics & even gave us an umbrella to walk to town for the evenings festivities. We walked to town & then took the trike in for the afternoon and to ride the parameter of the Fort. It is quite incredible with beautifully kept homes, and we even spotted a residence for seniors/elderly which was nice. A note is that in France & Germany we've notice few people use canes or crutches or and many with no walkers, but rather they use what I would call a pair of canes with arm braces (like Forest Gump) or hiking poles- just interesting. We wandered into a local establishment for lunch and clarified that sharing is frowned upon or is seen as quite odd! We enjoyed the early evening with 4 cyclists from Switzerland. Interesting conversation with this group about a variety of topics. At about 9:00 we walked the 5 minutes to town and saw the local parade with the Mayor in front. Typical parade with the local fire department, search & rescue, military, cadets & at the end even some protesters! We then had local fair for supper in the beer tent and were fascinated that the music was pretty much the same as a local party in Morinville. The Macarana and some other line dances. It was great fun to party with the French though and there were many interesting moments watching these folks "have-at-er". The highlight was the awesome fireworks right in the town square with all the typical oohs and ahs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb