Day 10: Day miscount yesterday! Neuf-Brisach to Mulhouse


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Mulhouse
July 14th 2012
Published: July 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Up pretty early and picked up the electronics from the office. All charged up and ready to go. The owners were also Tandem Cyclists and were very interested in the trike, thus before we headed out we offered them a spin. They returned with smiling faces! Weather - very windy and threatening rain as leaving Neuf-Brisach. Sprinkled on and off throughout the day. Lost several times, really poorly marked trails, especially any time we were near a town. Everything was closed due to the holiday but fortunately we had food to picnic on and found the lovely historical area to eat in. There is a large church in every town so it is easy to find these spots. We managed to find our way through the large city of Mulhouse & get to a fairly nice campground "Camping de L'ill". Spoke to several helpful cyclists along the way that helped guide us in. The most exciting part was that we headed out for supper and spotted a McDonalds (open on the holiday). We went to get a salad & were amazed at how busy it was. The kicker was watching a man "lose it" completely, threatening the workers due to not have straws & napkins in his bag. He kept going in and out getting more upset each time he came in. The police were finally called & we decided to skip the ice cream dessert. As we were leaving the police arrived & at the same time in the drive through, a child sort of ran and was hit by a car. The child's Dad then lost it & hit the car with his fist screaming. Fortunately the child looked okay, the police intervened & we decided to get out of the area before any other incident occured! Definitely the most exciting trip to a McDonalds ever! Back to the campsite to share the wine that we acquired & enjoy a quiet evening after a nice swim in the pool. There was an older German couple to be admired, they were cycling and putting in 100-150km days- wow we hope we can be like this at their age!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb