Back to Denmark


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Sjælland
July 18th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Opening Ceremony AnnouncersOpening Ceremony AnnouncersOpening Ceremony Announcers

Dressed in traditional Danish clothing.
We got up bright and early this morning to pack up our belongings to return back to Denmark. Johan and Charlotte were so kind as to give us another delicious breakfast. Then Johan and Princess Olivia accompanied us to the train station. After waving our goodbyes, Seth and I settled into two seats next to two little boys. Their sisters were sitting across from us, and we soon realized that we were lucky to sit with the boys. Some poor fellow had to sit with the girls and endure being harassed by the little one, who yelled “Halloooo!” as she kicked him in the knee multiple times.

We really enjoyed our time in Sweden, and won’t soon forget it! Everyone is tall and good-looking, and I think we could count the number of fat people we saw on one hand! I think it has something to do with all the walking and biking. Malmo is a beautiful city. A million thanks go out to our hosts and friends, Johan, Charlotte, and Olivia, who showed us a wonderful visit!

Thirty minutes or so later we arrived back at the airport in Copenhagen where we were to pick up our rental car. Bonus for us once again - free upgrade! Albeit, it was a station wagon so Seth wasn’t exactly looking like James Bond driving it, but he maintains some semblance of coolness since it’s an AUDI A4 station wagon.

We arrived in Holbaek about 3PM after finding our way out of the airport and back through Copenhagen. The roads here are not congested at all. I think it has something to do with all those bicycles! Road rage - nonexistent. What is so funny is that you often see the random person sitting on the side of the road having a picnic. Holbaek is a really quaint harbor town. Lots of boats and fishermen, and a lovely main street with lots of shops.

We soon met up with the rest of the Humphreys family, as well as people we consider extended family, Bill and Joy from Bristol, England. Then it was off to the opening ceremonies at Knabstrup!

Ponies, Ponies, Ponies……: It is a different world when you get to the driving event. Everything centers on the ponies. There is pony humor that other people, and even myself (Seth writing now) who has been around ponies my entire life, may not understand. The ponies even have the right-of-way on the roads around the event, and they often use them to warm up. I will try and get some more pictures of this before we leave.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb