Let's Get Rrrrready to Rumble!


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Sjælland
July 19th 2007
Published: July 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today was the first day of actual competition. It was time for the dressage portion for the single ponies (carts with a single pony pulling it). Suzy, Bouncer, and my sister as groom went at 2:45 PM (Danish time). They had a few little problems and scored a 46. For those of you who don’t know, this is a good score. Not quite as good as they have gotten in the past, but former world champions perhaps tend to get graded harder than others. After all the ponies were through, it was announced Team Bouncer is in 4th place, and several of their main competition are behind them. We are crossing our fingers for the rest of the event. Additionally, Shelley Temple of Powhatan, VA, got second in single pony dressage - great stuff from someone from the RIC!

The day ended with a delicious set of ribs on the grill. We definitely need to give a shout out to Phil Needs for these wonderful morsels. They really gave a taste and reminder of home. I find in traveling that this is good every once in a while and helps you appreciate home a little more.

Other than that our day was mainly spent looking around the obstacles for Saturday’s marathon. We will be filming (and photographing for the blog) some of these for Team Bouncer so that there are no questions as to what route they take. They can get penalty points if the wrong route is taken on the marathon hazard. We are splitting filming duties with Suzy’s friend Emily and Big Bill from Bristol.

Travel Tip: Do not try to use your American credit card in the supermarket where the cashier does not speak English. Evidently, you need a card with a PIN and a “special chip” here, and for some reason some of the non-tourist stores (like grocery stores) do not like to use non-PIN cards. However, you should not have this problem at most hotels and restaurants, but it doesn’t hurt to check in with your bank before you go…..things went a bit slow for us at the “Kvickly” market, much to the dismay of some of the shoppers behind us….



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Wicker horsesWicker horses
Wicker horses

They were part of the last hazard in the marathon.
Seth and the FjordSeth and the Fjord
Seth and the Fjord

Dipping his foot in the fjord
Beautiful Sunset on the FjordBeautiful Sunset on the Fjord
Beautiful Sunset on the Fjord

Can you believe it's almost 10PM??


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0741s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb