Copenhagen in a Nutshell.


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
August 12th 2023
Published: August 12th 2023
Edit Blog Post

No breakfast included in our room for the next 3 days. Why get up early then….

When away there are a few constants. How good are the showers, how comfortable are the beds and where do we do the next washing effort. This morning was a washing moment.

S,S&S then sort the washing. Don’t know why coz it’s all going in the same machine. Pack the bags and away we go. Ask reception if by any chance they have laundry facilities. Haha. Nope.

Get directions to one they know of. Walk that way and eventually find it, after Chris has accosted a guy in a footwear shop asking if he know where to go. Nice young guy who points out where we are going. Not far. Has a chat about how nice the weather is and bids us farewell with a “have a pleasant day and holiday”. Noice…..

Into the laundromat. Same same as the one in Aarhus. We know what to do here. Washing in and doing laps. Off to a nearby cafe for brunch. Toasted sandwiches and coffee/OJ.

Finished the washing without issues then back to the hotel to drop the clothes off and hang some that didn’t quite dry properly.

Then to be tourists. Bought the Copenhagen card which gives us the hop on hop off bus, canal boat tour and then lots of other attractions. Just need to use it. Onto the bus. Interesting tour of the town. Took over an hour and we got lots of information for tomorrow.

Off the bus and checked out the central station where we are going to catch the train to Stockholm on Monday.

Out towards a food hall in case it might fit for tea. Hmm, so so. Then it starts raining, dumping it. Under cover then it eases so we head off. Not too far back to the hotel. Get to the hotel at the same time as a tour bus is disgorging its tourists. All lining up for the lifts so a drink is required.

Sit and rest and re-charge. Decide that tea is at a steak restaurant across the road tonight. Close and looks ok.

Out to tea and yes, it is good. Our waiter is standing at the door, a little like the Lygon St vultures. I ask if he is waiting for anyone in particular. He says yes, you. Ok, good sense of humour. Turns out to be an ok dude.

Steaks were delicious and wine was also very nice. Good night out.

Dodged the heavy rain and back to the hotel. Clothes were now dry so they got packed and the Chinese laundry packed away. The joys of travel.

Maybe tomorrow I will regale you with shower scoring. I know you can’t wait but hold on……..


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.366s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1012s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb