Birthday boy


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
April 15th 2005
Published: April 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Birthday boyBirthday boyBirthday boy

Jason is two today.
Jason is two today. He is the much beloved son of two of the people we live with in the dorm here. His dad is studying here and his mom is doing the 1,000 things any mom does plus helping ever so much to make the music in our worship and chapel services marvelous. This family shares their two boys with all of us which is wonderful since most of us are far away from children, grandchildren, younger brothers and sisters, etc. The whole community smiles when they see Jason. He is learning to talk but he has no trouble communicating even when he has no words. He smiles and laughs and wins all hearts. It is amazing to watch him in chapel or church. He sits quietly and sings from the hymnal or printed page of songs. He holds these things just as an adult would. Then after the music he sometimes folds his song sheet into a nice paper boat that one of the students has taught him to make. He bows his head when we pray. He has learned on Friday nights with his mom, dad and older brother how to conduct himself in a worship time. They all worship in a family worship time which includes all the elements of any service the children might attend. They have learned to expect God to come and be with them in worship. From the joy on the two boy's faces during our times of prayer and son, I am sure they must almost literally feel and see and know that God is very near them. Even small children can be taught the awe and wonder of the presence of God. This is Jason-our good friend.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb