Walking, walking, walking walking 8 hour walking tour.


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
September 26th 2011
Published: September 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

well lets get this day started. Since we couldnt check in we decided to go on the walking tour. The walking tour was amazing. I learned alot about Czech people as a whole and the history about here. This country really doesnt get the credit it deserves. A few things I learned that came up with.... Microwave....lighting rod.... sugar cube...and the soft contact and invented the tank, (British too credit for that)

The loved King Charles 4th. and Prague was the capital for the Holy Roman Empire. They had the 30 years war that was brutal and the velvet war ( which was a peaceful war)....

The lights on the castle for night time to light up the castle was paid for by the Rolling Stones.

Also Hitler did not a want to destroy Prague because He thought his was place was amazing and also thought the Jewish quarter was perfect for an open air museum of an extinct race. He was a sick man. I find that time period very disturbing yet intriguing because of how much influence one man had over so many. People were so mind warped by it.

Well the first walking tour ended at 1230. And we decided to do the castle walking tour too. That last for another 5 hours with a break in between. Again so much information. I love the history I learn from walking tours. At the end of the tour we all had a beer at a monks brewer. It was really good and you could only get this beer here and no where else in the world.

We met up with some Canadians on the tour and we all went out to eat some pizza and 1 liter of beer. WOW. i really have never sat and drink that much in beer in one setting. Usually I just have max two bottles of beer somewhere if that. It was a fun night but I could feel I was still a little sick and had to get home to rest the night away. Well i hope i get to sleep the whole night. Never know in Hostels. My Swedish friends decided to stay one more night here in Prague. So Ill get to hang out with them one more day. Then on my own again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb