Another friend leaving.


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
March 22nd 2005
Published: March 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Another friend leaving.Another friend leaving.Another friend leaving.

When he arrives at home in Southern Italy he will become the pastor of a Baptist church there.
This will be our last post for a week or so. Tomorrow we ride with Kasha to Krakow. We doubt that we will be able or have time to add to this travelblog until we return. We will arrive here in Prague in the wee hours of the morning on Wednesday, May 30th.

Ruggiero is a very quiet, very intelligent young man from Southern Italy and holds a degree in philosophy and a masters degree. He came here for further study and will leave in just a few days. Once back home he will start a new job as the pastor of a Baptist church in the southern part of Italy. His English skills have improved tremendously since he arrived. I figure that show that how much more intelligent he is than I. I have been in the Czech Republic as long as he has been here and I can assure you my Czech is still at zero.

Anna Maffei, the General Secretary of the Italian Baptist Union preached here last Sunday. She said she is so proud of Ruggiero. She and her husband are both Baptist pastors in Italy and as General Secretary she travels all over Italy. Anna preached an extremely perceptive sermon on how it is not our place to judge anyone.

Several of the male students worked much of the day continuing to sweep the sand off the sidewalks. Let’s hope we do not get a late surprise snow which would result in their having to sweep all the sidewalks again.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb