Prague Hostel Fun


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 3rd 2008
Published: July 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

So the grill never came for Canada day but that didn't stop us from celebrating and having a great time. The count of people from Vancouver continues to rise, we are up to 13 and kids now who know each other from high school and played on soccer teams together, it is really creepy, but they are all pretty darn cool. The hostel is nothing short of amazing and we have kind of formed a fairly tight group of friends. Almost all of us have extended our stays here by at least a couple of days. I really haven't been in the city very much because I feel so at home and comfortable at the hostel. It's also partly because I can't seem to ever go to bed, and have seen three sunrises from just sitting and talking with people all night.

Yesterday Rodrigo, one of the hostel workers, was successfull in finding a gas bell for the grill and our bbq finally became a reality. I grilled all night long and earned the nickname grill master grant from the Canadian boys. We had some delicious sausages and meat, but I was a little too excited when we started, and threw some cured meat on the grill. It didnt work so well, lol. But I recovered and we had a smorgasbord of delicious, and rediculously inexpensive, food. There were soo many people and the atmosphere was awesome, Cody, my dreadlocked buddy is a fire spinner and he lit up his sticks for the second night and gave us a good show.

After the grilling we went to the Tiki bar down the street for some fruity cocktails and good times. We met the ownwer Jason, who is from Arizona, and I talked to him for a while about how excited he must be for the hostel to open up (weve brought around 20 people to the bar each night).

Tommorow we have big plans as some of the cooler canadian girls organised me and the three Canada boys for a river rafting excursion. I felt it was a fairly appropriate and American way to celebrate the Fourth of July, as long as we fire up the grill when we get back and find something to light on fire or explode. If we get some more fuel maybe Cody will spin some more and that would probably be sufficent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Fire spinningFire spinning
Fire spinning

My man Cody lightin up his fire sticks
More Fire SpinningMore Fire Spinning
More Fire Spinning

spinning off the excess fuel
Me and NeilMe and Neil
Me and Neil

Building an Ikia table.
GrillinGrillin
Grillin

Great crowd for the grilling
Great GrillinGreat Grillin
Great Grillin

There was so much meat, but all i took a picture of was the eggplant. Which was delicious by the by.


Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb