Back To Praha


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
November 3rd 2007
Published: November 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

GuardGuardGuard

Me and Hawk just chillin' with the front gate guard.
Well with only a few nights left in Europe, we decided to move our way back to one of the best cities among Eastern Europe, Prague... or as its truly called, Praha.

We checked in late, as Steve took up most of the day sleeping and puking. But alas we headed out to a club called the Cross Club which was one of the most interesting bars I have ever attended. It was covered in used car parts... but these parts were clean, and welded together to make amazing decorations. They had lights embedded in them and their gears turned and rotated all the time, throwing crazy lights and shadows against the walls. The music however was that of trance and dark death rock of which I am not fond of. So we only stayed for a few drinks before heading back to bed to be bright and fresh the following day.

The next night we headed to the Beer Factory where every table is assigned a number and has a beer tap built into it. The liters of beer you consume is tallied and your table is assigned a score based on how much you can drink. Now
Beer MeterBeer MeterBeer Meter

Every table has a beer tap on it... they electronically measure and display the liters of beer drank on the LCD screen above it.
the more people you have drinking the much better score you will acheive, so after me and Hawk (team 12) realized we had no chance of competing against a table of 8 (team 3) we joined 4 English boys (team 11) to help them keep the lead from the fast approaching table of 8 (team 3). From here we headed to the famous 5 story club we were at previously on our last trip in Prague. Unfortunately we lost the English boys somewhere and at the end of the night, Hawk appeared carrying 4 sweaters and some good Ol' Mickey D's.

We took the next night easier, just attending a few pubs, laundry, haircuts, book shopping, and some Interneting while we prepared to head back to Frankfurt, return Marco, and fly off to India.

The following morning on our way out of Prague, we stopped at Prague Castle for a few photos before we left.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Go Team 12!!!Go Team 12!!!
Go Team 12!!!

For every half litre of beer you pour you get a point. We were team 12. Realizing we had no chance against a table of 8 people, we joined team 11 of 4 English boys and helped them keep the lead.
Prague PanoPrague Pano
Prague Pano

A panoramic shot of Prague's skyline from a top Prague Castle.
Prague Castle EntrancePrague Castle Entrance
Prague Castle Entrance

The entrance to Prague Castle, which similar to London has a big ceremony when ever the guards change, simply named "The Changing of the Guard".
Happy Birthday PillowHappy Birthday Pillow
Happy Birthday Pillow

Some Sydney girls in our hostel room draw on Steve's pillow.
Cross ClubCross Club
Cross Club

The most amazing decorations, the motors and gears hanging from the ceiling and walls actually moved and rotated.
Numero UnoNumero Uno
Numero Uno

Team Czech is number one in my books! My body guard will hurt you if you disagree!
The CastleThe Castle
The Castle

One of the main towers of Prague Castle.
Cross Club DJCross Club DJ
Cross Club DJ

The DJ booth in Cross Club... hard to see due to all the moving lights in the background blurred the picture.
Back HomeBack Home
Back Home

Hawk arrives back at the hostel with 4 sweaters and a bag of Mackers.
Rear of CastleRear of Castle
Rear of Castle

Me cheering for team Czech at the rear of Prague Castle.
Prague Roof TopsPrague Roof Tops
Prague Roof Tops

Yet another roof top shot of a city in Europe, this one being Prague of course.
Prague SquarePrague Square
Prague Square

A shot of one of the main squares in Prague... all though its really more like a strip.


Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0931s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb