STUNNING PRAGUE


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Heading towards Prague we stopped at this quaint town of Dresden about 2hrs drive from Berlin and it was so pretty! The town mainly aimed at rich Germans and rich tourist. The streets were lined with cafes, restaurants and big brand names. The place held so much history and pretty much left untouched from the WW2. Had the best meal here at this little Italian café, fish pasta! Food back home is way better than in Europe.

I'm in love...
The one place I’ve been looking forward to the most and it’s made me fall in love. I love everything about it, the culture, the people and most off the old quarter. They have amazing buildings from houses to churches. The day was filled with sightseeing, cruises, lovely lunches and of course getting ripped off with currency exchange. The people are very friendly although half the time I didn’t understand their English and they don’t understand me ha-ha. The other thing I hate about Europe is prices for eating outside and inside. If u want a table outside in the sunshine it will cost u 60% more than sitting inside with aircon... go figure!! The whole day was filled with exploring the little streets, churches and looking for cold water.

The whole Prague experience was awesome except for one... the Hotel! Actually I thought they made an honest mistake and forgot the "S"... it was more a HOSTEL than anything! Small, humid, smelt funky and boy were the beds hard! No windows (we had a tiny one in the roof which was useless)... no fridge... no TV... NOTHING! Just a bed and 4 walls! In my case was 3 beds and 4 walls, the poor blokes next door had 5 beds and a tiny window.

That night no one could sleep due to the terrible rooms, we all hung around the lobby of the hostel where aircon was flowing... We also cleaned out the fridge which was filled with Vodka & OJ! Vodka 750mls = $8 OJ 1lt = $1 how can you say no to that? That night 3 of used polished off 3 bottles of Vodka, then 2 more joined in for another 3. It was an awesome night and great way to make new friends.

We eventually got kicked out of the lobby for making too much noise. Our bus driver offered the bus as a dance floor and before u know it, about 30+ ppl were dancing and drinking on the bus! Great times and great memories until the cops came... LOL man everyone was so scared being in a foreign country and getting into trouble. We were threatened with a fine if we didn’t go back to our rooms. Was something I will never forget haha


Next stop... Munich

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb