BERLIN BABY!!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
June 13th 2007
Published: June 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

BEER!BEER!BEER!

This sucker was YUMMO! not really a beer fan but i liked this one
After leaving Amsterdam we headed over to BERLIN, the drive was so long. As soon as we arrived, dinner was served with these massive beers, real cheap too. That night the group went to the local bar and had an awesome time. That’s when I introduced the JAGGERBOMBS to the Americans, they all loved it. I even manage to get some of the Chinese drunk, good fun. The next day we had a 3 hr walking tour around Berlin, so much history and so much to do.

Once the tour was done, I and 3 others decided to venture to the outskirt of Berlin to see a Concentration Camp. It was about an hr away by train and worth the visit. The camp itself was liberated by the Russians therefore less known. It was a daunting place to be at, the grounds hold so much history and at times I felt very unease. We even saw the original burners used to cremate those lifeless bodies. If only the walls could talk...

That night the tour organized a Bar crawl and some clubbing. 3 bars later and I was a happy person, the drinks are cheap and big. More
German GrubGerman GrubGerman Grub

Yes they sure love their pork, potatoes and cabbage! Everything comes with cabbage guys!!!
bombs, more vodka and I were out till about 2am!!! Overall Berlin was good; it’s not a place that I would return to. I'm more excited about the next destination... PRAGUE~



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Holocaust MemorialHolocaust Memorial
Holocaust Memorial

A very large area in the city dedicated to those innocent lives. Very touching and reasons behind this artist work was astonishing.
Hilter's Death PlaceHilter's Death Place
Hilter's Death Place

He killed himself with poison, died in less than 2 seconds. Well thats what our tour guide said...
Berlin WallBerlin Wall
Berlin Wall

Only what is left of the Berlin Wall, after it came down alot of people took parts of it.
Concentration CampConcentration Camp
Concentration Camp

This one was 1hr by train away from Berlin. As soon as we got there, the taxi drivers knew and didnt even ask where we were going. Ushered us in and about 5 minutes later we were there.
Concentration CampConcentration Camp
Concentration Camp

The burners used to cremate the innocent lives.
Concentration CampConcentration Camp
Concentration Camp

Stairs to the side and smooth surface in the middle for carts of dead bodies to be pushed up. This would lead you down to the chambers where over thousands of people died. I didnt have the guts to go down into the chambers, it freaked me out just at glance, i quickly ran back up. Very eerie and sad.


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb