Eurorail Trip Day 18


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » New Town
July 23rd 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well today has been a day that will go down in our minds for eternity! It was the hottest day ever in the record of Austrian history at 37.9 degrees.


This is all relevant because we caught a train today from Prague to Vienna for 6 hours... the car we were on had no windows that could open! Now I cannot convey how bad that was... we were wet with sweat from head to toe within about 5 minutes max of being on the train. We eventually moved to a car with windows half way through our journey... thank god for Rickys quick legs as well because he bought us ice cream and cold drinks at a 4 minute stop. Well we thought it was going to be 4 minutes it turned out to be an hour delay at that station! Haha Ricky was very very unimpressed!



Anyway we finally reached Vienna and hour late, so hot we thought we were going to die and also in need of a shower and a sleep. We made our way tot the hostel that we had booked which was not to bad considering we had to learn to read a new language and decipher where we were going feeling like we were going to pass out.


Our hostel was lovely and cool and we both took showers before we even looked at anything in the room. It was the first time Gail has had a cold shower since her Hen night... hahah and well it was the most amazing shower of the whole trip.... only because it was so good after dying of heat in a train we guessed was about 45 derbgrees.,


We then meet with Thomas... by the way they are not brother ( sorry guys) and went to the Shon Brunn which is a stunning amazing beautiful wow castle/ palace in Austria with the most amazing gardens wow! . Thomas then took us to a little local restaurant for typical Austrian food  It was very good except the salad that has vinegar on it...  yuck but the Weiner Schnitzel that we ate was completely wicked and definitely worth the small price we paid too... and huge!


After dinner it was time for bed, we were shattered and it was completely killer hot in Vienna as well even though the sun had set!


We were greeted by the rain shortly after we navigated our way back to the hostel... I don’t know if it was your normal Austrian storm but it was hectic! The rain was plummeting and the thunder and lightning were going crazy. We have some pretty amazing pictures to show!  after watching and getting rained on through the window we passed out considering it was a very very very long day!

Till we meet tomorrow. ..



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb