Eurorail Trip Day 17


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
July 22nd 2009
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a lovely time and we got to meet up with some of Ricky’s friends from the Cruise ships , Renata and Martin with their little boy Phillip ( I hope its spelt right) - thanks for driving all the way it was wicked!


We meet at about 10:30 after we managed to get lost 3 times trying to find the most famous bridge in Prague! Yes only us! Hahah anyway eventually we got there and meet up 
We then went up to the old castle and walked around the streets on the way up to the castle as well. They are very steep and small cobbled streets, it truly is quiet stunning. The castle was tourist packed but we took some pics for you all and also we took some pics of the view, which was spectacular!



In 33 degrees we decided it was time for a well deserved beer so we chilled a little at a restaurant in the castle and spoke and had a little drink was definitely wicked to have a break from walking! We are very unfit still!


Anyway after our drink we made our way down the hill and walked through the garden towards a nice little restaurant at the bottom of the hill near the river. It was pretty stunning to sit under a tree and just relax after a long hot day. We had some lunch there. Now I can’t say the Czech word, I am sure Martin and Renata can add it in for you. We ate Sirloins steak pieces with dumplings and cranberry sauce and Czech sauce...l. it was really good, even sceptic Gail who won’t try anything thinks soo! So thanks Martin!


We then did a bit of walking down along the river and across Charles Bridge to where the car was parked, after saying our tearful goodbyes! We made our way to a camera shop where we got the baby camera fixed so you can get more pics now  yah!




And well now we are sitting in our room with the windows wide opening listening to Madonna and Kings of Leon and Taylor swift! Chilling out and typing blogs for you to all be part of our amazing adventure too!
We are going to grab something small for dinner as we are still both stuffed from lunch and then we going to pack as we check out tomorrow and go to Vienna in Austria! 
So till we meet tomorrow for now...



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb