macabre anyone?


Advertisement
Published: October 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

hi,
this weekend went to a town called Kutna Hora, in a region called Ledec. It's about an hour outside of Prague by train. Why'd we go there you ask? As you can probably see from the pics, theres an ossuary inside of a church there. apparently several centuries ago the town was almost entirely wiped out by a plague. so a nearly blind monk decided that it'd be fun to assemble the bones of the 40,000 plague victims into a nice cozy chapel. he died before finishing it, so an artist took over it's construction. it's by far the most amazing, crazy, extraordinary thing i've seen. i'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
on sunday we walked around prague a bit, saw the communist museum, interesting but nothing to write home about.
all for now,
Ben.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

??
?

"look ma, the hip bones look just like flowers..... ahhh, ain't it cute"
commy museumcommy museum
commy museum

"A young builder of socialism looks different than a decadent swine."
commy museumcommy museum
commy museum

1. class terror in america 2. the collapse of paper illusions of scribblers in exile 3. wall street-- the center of criminal attempts to rule the world
commy museumcommy museum
commy museum

3rd pic: "we will deal with the bourgeoisie swiftly"
metrometro
metro

zoe and jerrica on the worlds longest escalator, we're not even all the way at the bottom in this pic
beer gardenbeer garden
beer garden

mike and robin, beer iz gooood


11th October 2005

communism anyone?
i am glad you are having fun. hope to hear from you soon.
13th October 2005

Oh my goodness! That is sooo crazy. Did you feel creepy in there?
20th October 2005

gives a whole new meanning to "erecting the bone"
3rd November 2005

i love it i love it i love it!
member SNL? the joyologist?jaja :)finalmente some pictures of beer! if i ever go to the beer garden i am going to find a secret hiding place and just live there, just joko.. that museum is increible, no? definitely something i would never imagine to be inside of a church though!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb