heck yes i wanna travel- vienna and salzburg


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
November 1st 2005
Published: November 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

okay, so i just returned for a little sojourn around the general vicinity.
it was a lot of fun and stuff.
kristin, mike and myself started in vienna. kristen left soon after, mike and i continued on to salzburg, then slovenia, then zagreb and split, mike split to prague from split, i continued on to dubrovnik (croatia), then to sarajevo (bosnia), belgrade (serbia and montenegro), budapest hungary, and back to good ol' prague. it was a lot of fun, lots of beautiful sights and people along the way.
i think i'll do three separate installments of pics. starting here with vienna and salzburg.
vienna was amazing, very clean, lots of big parks and monuments, everyone was very friendly and happy to talk to us. a huge contrast to prague, which was a nice way to start the trip.

in vienna we saw the kunsthistorisches museum, which contained the ephesos museum (ancient roman/greek), Hofjagd- und Rustkammer which had lots of armor and guns and swords and shields and cool stuff like that, and the Sammiung alter musikinstrumente museum which had a lot of musical instruments, including mozarts piano (which i didn't know until after visiting the museum, so i know i saw it, just not sure which piano it was!) we also saw the volksgarten which is full of roses and grass and all of it manicured nicely and beautiful in the vienna sun. they have a cool museum square which has several great museums. saw the leopold museum, which had a temporary exhibit from the museum d'orsay in paris. lots of impressionists (van gogh, monet, etc) good stuff, and a lot of austrian stuff. i especially liked egon schiele's stuff. saw other stuff but don't want to bore you.

salzburg: amazing city, beautiful green-water (due to limestone in water) river running through the city. apparently where the sound of music story is based, blah. took a van tour up into the alps to see some ice caves there, pretty spectacular, very cold, only had one sweater and converse to wear, big mistake, converse are the thinnest shoes known to man. the main park in salzburg, mirabellgarten, very nice indeed. could imagine mozart himself cruising around town and getting lots of inspiration, no wonder he wrote such fantastical tunes. i swear if i had a piano at the time i could've composed a masterpiece.

anywho, now check out the pics, hope you like them, more pics to come when i get around to blogging about the other places on the trip.







Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

viennavienna
vienna

ephesos museum
viennavienna
vienna

weapons museum, apparently dresses were made as armor too?
viennavienna
vienna

and we can't forget the kids
viennavienna
vienna

always wear protection
viennavienna
vienna

volksgarten
viennavienna
vienna

volksgarten
salzburgsalzburg
salzburg

the view from our hostel
salzburgsalzburg
salzburg

hangin on for dear life
salzburgsalzburg
salzburg

downtown
salzburgsalzburg
salzburg

garten
salzburgsalzburg
salzburg

the alps
salzburgsalzburg
salzburg

ice cave entrance
salzburgsalzburg
salzburg

ice cave!
salzburgsalzburg
salzburg

ice cave!


1st November 2005

What up Benci, Looks like everything for you is going good out in BFE. Hey how come the didnt give you guys TOTS after the caves. Hey JAZZ looks like that kid in the danke picture. WELL take care doggie
2nd November 2005

heat
time to buy that north face coat buddy boy
4th November 2005

dessert
Was that a dessert i saw in that picture, mmmmmm. And what the heck was that one animal humping. hey i would be cold too if i wore the same clothes in an ice cave as i did on a sunny warm day! ha

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0929s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb