keep yur wallet in yur front pocket


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
October 6th 2005
Published: October 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

hi y'all,
in a much better mood today, just one more day of teaching in the program tomorrow, and i have my tefl certificate, so needless to say i'm pretty happy. feels like a huge burden's been lifted off of my shoulders.
now i'll finally have some time to do a bit of traveling, probably around eastern europe, and then off to spain, that's the plan anyway.
through the whole program i've gotten mostly "pass" grades on my lessons. the grading scale is below pass, pass, strong pass, very strong pass. yesterday i finally received a strong pass. apparently, 90% of the people have gotten mostly passes like me, so i can finally say i've broken through and done well on a lesson. although i guess it's nearly impossible to get a v.s.p, it was nice to finish strong with a strong pass.
tomorrow night all the people from the program, including the instructors, are having a final pub-visit to celebrate the end of the program. and it's sorely needed, everyone is pretty burned out at this point.
so i hope to have lots of new photos for everyone to see, sorry so far i haven't had a lot of great things to say about this place. i think my whole perspective was jaded due the the strain of the course, but my outlook's getting better day by day.
how's everyone doing out there in the real world? feel free to email or post comments, even if you want to leave a joel m style "prague is for playas" thing, (keep em commin joel)
i have some pics of my teaching day yesterday posted below, it's from the lesson i received a strong pass on, so i was "on fire" the whole lesson, as you'll see in the pics, just kidding. i can't believe these people are my students, and i'm actually teaching them stuff. always thought it would be a good experience to teach, but it's strange and pretty rewarding to be doing it for real. especially when the students are really engaged and seem to be learning something.
has anyone out there read "the unbearable lightness of being?" it's a book someone in the program let me borrow. lots of history/philosophy related to prague, pretty good stuff.
enough of my nerdiness, hope you enjoy the pics,
drop a note if you get a chance,
nashledanou,
Ben.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

calm before the stormcalm before the storm
calm before the storm

kerry, another tefl trainee, and myself just before we're up to teach.
cemetary in vysehradcemetary in vysehrad
cemetary in vysehrad

side of church there, above entranceway
vltavavltava
vltava

with prague in background
vltavavltava
vltava

with prague in background


6th October 2005

u got picked? part 2
I hit the enter key by mistake...Anyway, hey there Ben. Good to hear that you are doing well now. Did you get your wallet picked by one of your students?!?! They probably gave it back when they found cobwebs in there. see ya, JT
7th October 2005

pass fail
just remember C's get degrees
9th October 2005

Don't worry...If you don't pass maybe you can deck on that but on the Vltava River...or not.

Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb