The Adriatic Coast - Croatia, Montenegro and Albania


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
September 29th 2012
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Finally we are updating our blog, it's been on the 'to do' list for a while!

Since leaving Bosnia, we had a beautiful trip down the Adriatic coast to Greece with some stunning mountain and coastal scenery and some very windy and narrow roads.

Albanian roads were by far the most challenging, but luckily BFG did us proud with nothing falling off when we were forced to drive over roads that had been half finished with no tarmac and huge pot holes!

We were definitely glad of the break by the time we reached Santorini and enjoyed a wonderful wedding and time with friends, (more about that in the next 'Greek' blog).

Our highlights of this leg of the trip had to be; pieces of completely unspoilt rugged mountainous coastline, mainly to be found in Albania, the wonderful old towns in Croatia and Monetenegro - Dubrovnik, Kotor, Budva, Sveti Steven, and some good old beach time!

We're currently on the otherside of the Adriatic Sea, after deciding on the homeward leg to stick BFG on a ferry to Italy. We saved about 1,000 miles off our journey, even if that meant trying to work out the very illogical albanian ferry system where there is no vehichle queuing at all! Ferry was cancelled for some unknown reason and most other vehichles managed to get on another ferry that night, apart from us the queue loving Brits, so we had to sleep in the port with the wild dogs then try and get our way back through customs the next day to persuade them to let us on another ferry. Thankfully we made it and have so far enjoyed a wonderful day driving the Almafi coast and today in Pompei, which was fascinating, but also a pretty warm 30 degrees, phew!

Enjoy the pics.



Lorze and Andy x


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Some of the inpassable hilly terrain in AlbaniaSome of the inpassable hilly terrain in Albania
Some of the inpassable hilly terrain in Albania

The dictator Hoxa who ruled until his death in 1985 spent a lot of public money building 750,000 bunkers around the country.


29th September 2012
Bunkers in Albania

Match the picture and the quote!
For some reason as it was published some of the comments don't match with the pics, sorry!

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb