Wonderful Mediterranean Charter Destinations To Consider


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
February 18th 2019
Published: February 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

When it comes to Mediterranean sailing holidays, the truth is that most people do not consider the option. This is usually due to various misconceptions, like a lack of available destinations or really high prices. Thankfully, the perception is changing as people become aware of the wonderful charter opportunities that the Mediterranean has to offer. Just take into account the following destinations and you might end up finding yourself wanting to visit.

Croatia

The Dalmatian coast of Croatia features around 1,200 islands, with just 50 being inhabited. Most of the rest have a national park status. When you are on a Mediterranean charter cruise that takes you to the country, you are blessed by wonderful scenery and you will enjoy a part of history. Both Romans and Greeks left a mark on Croatia. Then, we have Venetians, Austro-Hungarian Habsburgs and Ottomans.

One thing you might not know is that Croatia is considered to be one of the top 20 popular tourist destinations. Even so, it is uncrowded and relaxed if experienced through a sailboat.

Bay Of Naples And Amalfi Coast

This coastline stretch is highly photographed, even if its length is just 30 miles. It features a dramatic coastline setting, offshore islands, down hillsides, ancient ruins, seafood and sparkling blue water. On Capri there is a pretty good possibility you will meet celebrities and you surely want to see Pompeii’s ruins. Many charters allow hiking in Ischia and many other travel activities besides what is present on the boat. Just try to avoid the popular tourist seasons as the area is packed.

Sardinia

The Mediterranean’s second largest island, Sardinia offers over 1,000 miles of coastline, making it the dream of any sailor. While the area is not really meant for beginners because winds are quite strong, numerous harbors and anchorages are present, together with medieval villages and so much more. Costa Smeralda needs to be considered as it is the very best area for sailing but you may want to visit outside of the period between June and August since that is when you get to avoid many superyachts and tourists.

Cote d’Azur

Those that never visited France most likely still know the cities in Cote d’Azur, like Nice, Cannes, Antibes, St. Tropez and Monaco. The French Riviera is a tremendous sailing destination that although is often packed with tourists because of its popularity, it still offers various interesting opportunities that you do want to consider. Many anchorages are present if you want to take some time off and just enjoy the scenery.

Malta

Malta may be small but it can easily be considered as being a true secret gem. It is perfectly located between the African coast and Sicily, giving access to a mixed cultural heritage. On the coastline you can find numerous beaches, coves, uncrowded anchorages and clear waters. If you want to enjoy something special when visiting, be sure to consider scuba diving. Malta has a strong tourist infrastructure so it should be no surprise to see it listed as among the best of the Mediterranean’s charter destinations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.505s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb