Planning a Trip to Cyprus Limassol


Advertisement
Cyprus' flag
Middle East » Cyprus » Limassol
February 4th 2019
Published: February 4th 2019
Edit Blog Post

The idea of relaxing in guaranteed sunshine beside the crystal waters of the Mediterranean blue draws tourists from all over the world to the small island of Cyprus. Known as the 5thsafest country in the world Cyprus is ideal for not only families but anyone who wishes to travel with peace of mind. Cyprus holds a vast majority of history and stunning natural sites, ideal for those that wish to explore, for those who simply want to relax and soak in the sun Cyprus boasts many blue flag beaches where one can sit back and let the hours pass by. Once particular location that is popular among tourists is Limassol.

Limassol is the perfect mix for those who wish to enjoy luxury but still want to experience the traditional Cypriot culture. On the one hand the city boasts many beautiful hotels contrasted with the old town that is home to traditional Cypriot taverns and quaint bars. On the other hand, one can enjoy the Newley developed Limassol harbour for some shopping or to watch the boats sail in and out the harbour whilst enjoying a glass of wine and meal in one of the many popular bars and restaurants.



Where to stay in Limassol?

As mentioned above Limassol has a vast number of hotels, from exclusive high-end luxury suites to cheap and cheerful rooms. For those who are interested in looking for affordable luxury the Mediterranean Beach Hotel is ideal. The 4-star hotel in Limassol boasts a calming, tranquil atmosphere with exquisite beaches on its doorstep. The hotel is a Luxury escape that embodies the qualities and essence of Cyprus without the five-star price tag.



What to see in Limassol?

Aside from the stretch of beautiful beaches in Limassol the city offers a vast array of cultural heritage. The 13th century Lemesos Medieval Castle is situated in the centre of the old town near the port, known as one of the most popular attractions as, according to myth, this is where Richard the Lionheart married Princess Berengeria of Navarre, crowning her Queen of England in 1191. The castle has now been converted into a museum.

The Kourion archaeological is a spectacular must see site in Cyprus. A prominent city, the site is made up of numerous monuments with many dating back to the roman period including amphitheatre, forum, public bath, house of gladiators, fountain house and much more. The Greek – Roman amphitheatre had a unique acoustic quality and impressive views, the Kourion Amphitheatre is now fully restored and is used for musical and theatre performances.



Where to Eat and Drink in Limassol?

Limassol once again has something to offer for everyone when it comes to dining from a la carte restaurants to traditional taverns Limassol offers a wide selection of cuisines and flavours whilst keeping in touch with its Cypriot roots. A particularly popular destination that holds a variety of restaurants and bars is the Limassol Marina, from the comfort of well know chains such as Wagamama’s to the high-end Epsilon Resto Bar that offer seafood and Mediterranean specialities, the marina provides a dining experience that everyone can enjoy.

Following a meal at the marina just a short stroll will take you to the Limassol old town. Surround yourself with picturesque streets whilst absorbing the atmosphere as you explore some of the many bars, casual pubs, ice cream parlours, cafes and stylish wine bars. The maze of the old town streets holds numerous secret gems that are waiting to be discovered.



Don’t Delay, Now is the Time

Another year is already here and the topic on everyone’s minds is where will they go on holiday in 2019. The answer? 2019 is the year to plan a trip to Cyprus Limassol. Embrace the hot summer months or escape the cold winter and enjoy the mild Mediterranean climate. Limassol provides top attractions, accommodation and culinary experiences that satisfy all tastes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb